miƩrcoles, 23 de febrero de 2011

My haters are my motivators, and I'm not a rapper

I had a bunch of bad experiences with people I met last year. I was lucky to make a lot of friends, but I also made a lot of "people who I'm glad they're out of my life", I wouldn't call them enemies, because I wish no harm to them and I hope they have forgotten about me too, but it's people that make me think: How lonely can you be in a new country to make friends with complete idiots? Well, really lonely.
This experiences are described with detail in my post about THE FAMOUS 180.
Well, yesterday I was thinking about the day I asked myself: Is it me? Are they right about all their comments about me? Should I worry? And after thinking it a lot, I learned two things:
- It is not worth it to hang out with a person that does efforts to tell you that you're wrong all the time, because they want to feel better about themselves and increase their really bad self-image.

- People that envy you or find you annoying will see the worst of you, but a little tiny part of what they say might be true.

The second one has shaped my life since that day, I started thinking what part of their mean comments was true, and I realized "I do complain a lot", so I started working on it. Not to make the girl that was passive-aggressive with me and cried everyday because her booty call didn't call her, and told me that if I had seld steem I would laugh it off every time someone insults me because I would know that it's not true, I need people that are smarter than a bag of hair and have higher selfsteem than a one night stand from Jersey Shore. Just because critique can help you improve, maybe there are flaws that your friends that love you can't see.
So when I was listening to Nicky Minaj (no judgement please, I think she is cool, even though her mouth is dirtier than a week old garbage can), I heard the quote "My haters are my motivators", and I thought to myself: This is so true. They motivate you to improve, and to be proud of yourself, you must be doing something good if there is people that want to know your every move and bring you down.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario