sábado, 13 de noviembre de 2010

About being one step away from being send to get coffee

I've been in Canada for a year and 2 months now, and I'm grateful for all the things I've accomplished.
I know is great that I got really good grades without having studied in English before, and that I got a job 2 months after graduating, and my job is in my area of expertise!
Yes, that is all really good and it sounds perfect, but when did I go to bed and wake up the next day to go to work and be a 26 year old INTERN?
Since when the more demanding task I have is taking pictures fo products and cropping them?
I don't mind the occasional stupid task, helping other people or receiving orders, but there are some moments at my work when I want to run out of the office, throw the laptop in the trash, grab some of the free food they give me there and get away.
I hate that everyone thinks they're my boss and patronize me, come one! I've been working for a couple of years now I know that I need to check my work, I know that I need to bring all my equipment and charge my laptop before and I know that tasks should be done carefully.
Last week I was scanning products for planograms and creating 500 products from scratch (measuring them, writing it all down, placing them in shelves) all day long, mostly while standing up. Did I mention this was in a supermarket store that hadn't open yet, that was dirtier than a construction site and some of the guys working there smelled like they had worked in construction for 5 days, without showering, rolling in dirt, etc.
Sometimes this is too much for me and I think about just marrying a girl and applying as her lesbian wife for permanent residence.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario